The game was definitely a yawner and the spots not much better. There did not seem to be as many preachy spots this year, but also very few that gave me the feels, made me laugh out loud or want to rush out to buy their products.
Finally here is an alphabetical list (from Business Insider) that I liked the most and the least--the ones that left me cold were left out:
Audi: tasteless
Avocados from Mexico: stupid. And are Mexicans not offended by that little tag at the end?
Budweiser: mildly funny, Michelob unconvincing.
Bumble--Can't Serena Williams get her own dates?
Burger King--Why?
Expensify: The third eye is kinda cool.
Google--Tries to play on our emotions but at least throws a bone to the military.
Hyundai--probably the best but I still wouldn't buy one.
Kia--gets my emotions aroused then I remind myself, "what are they selling? Korean cars."
M&M's. Stupid. I never liked the M&M guys.
Microsoft--Starts out with kids with noticeable facial deformities. I thought it was an ad for Shriner's Hospital. I guess their message is "Microsoft cares about people with disabilities."
NFL: Pretty funny even if you're not a football fan but you have to realize the NFL's 100th anniversary is next year. I thought it was either supposed to be some kind of futuristic thing or that we'd be seeing hundred-year old players.
Olay: Teasers were pretty good but how is the LGBT community going to feel about the gay-sounding villain?
Pepsi: Are you really gonna deliver free Pepsi to my car? And Cardi B looks like a drag queen. But I would like the diamond can.
Planters: A-Rod and Charlie Sheen are pretty funny.
Pringles: same but without A-Rod or Charlie.
SimpliSafe: probably even better than Hyundai "my son bought a snake on the Dark Web."
Sketchers: pleasant enough.
Sprint: pretty funny but their teasers were getting annoying. As is their spokesguy.
T-Mobile: among the best right up there with Hyundai and Simplisafe but I hear their service sucks.
Toyota: boring, tries to play on my emotions like Google and Kia. Not working.
Turbotax: borders on annoying.
Turkish Airlines: piqued my interest but I don't plan on flying soon so why?
Verizon: more tearjerkers. This is getting old, but better than the others.
Weathertech: don't think they make bowls for pigs, why the hype for their other food bowls?
Wix: Karlie Kloss is easier on the eyes than the hipster geeks, made me actually consider them. For about a minute.
To see ALL of them, click here: https://www.ispot.tv/events/2019-super-bowl-commercials
urbanexile@mail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment